Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Come Early

Nicole gave me a Christmas tree. It's my first, not something I'd ever have gotten for myself but a very sweet and thoughtful gift, it brightens up my apartment and facilitates some much needed holiday cheer.

Nicole: Do you want the multi-colored lights or the blue lights?
Me: Blue.
Nicole: I knew it.
Me: Why?
Nicole: I was just thinking our styles are different and after I got the multi-colored ones I knew you'd want something, something less flashy.
Me: What's the difference between your style and mine?
Nicole: Well, mine, I'd want more colors and sparkles and yours...
Me: Mine's more sedate.

"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love." -Leo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment