Friday, November 21, 2014

Composition

The Night Shift had a show tonight then I headed over to The Annoyance for Holy Fuck. I've mentioned before it's my favorite show, always new, always fresh, always swinging-for-the-fences.

Holy Fuck is also my favorite show to take pictures of, taking pictures of shows in general is fun, to record them, capture some funny moments or lines that would otherwise disappear into the ether. But HF especially because there is such a wide variety of bits, costumes, wigs, and stupid faces.

Took a lot of pictures tonight but this one I'm particularly proud of. Nate in the shadows looking up at Devin, the angle of the wall suggesting movement up towards the light, the hopeful and adoring tilt of Nate's profile, Devin's comfortable slouch and satisfied, almost condescending, smirk.

You be the judge of its integrity but I think it captures the playful sweetness right before they started berating the audience for a suggestion of something perverse for an incredibly bizarre "song".

No comments:

Post a Comment