Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

I'm back in Rockford with my family celebrating the holiday. Today my folks and I had my aunt, uncle, grandma, and my little cousins over. It was relatively low key and uneventful but comfortable. The kind of comfort that only comes with years and through blood. My extended family is large and the Nelson clan has all stayed in relatively close proximity and contact. We see each other most every holiday and there is a great satisfaction in that closeness.

I talked poetry and death with my grandma and played some card games with my little cousins. My dad and uncle watched football and we all ate too much pie. Tomorrow we'll get together with the whole family over at my Aunt Anne's. Nothing terribly exciting but when we all get together it is very intimate and supportive.

I'm thankful for my loving family, their care and consideration.
For my incredible girlfriend Nicole and her love.
For inspiration, stage time, and audiences both receptive and apathetic.
For friends new and old, faraway and close to home.
And today, most of all, for Dave's miraculous recovery.
The Gods continue to smile upon their soldiers of mirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment