Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Tree

Nicole put the tree up a day or two after Thanksgiving. It seemed a bit overzealous to me because my family has always been very last-minute regarding every aspect of Christmas. But, as always, the tree always brightens up the house, brings on the giving spirit. We've each wrapped a couple gifts and they just look right under the tree.

The past couple months Nicole and I have been making our apartment home. It's been a gradual process, figuring out where everything goes, procuring different odds and ends, simply putting the live time in. Making it comfortable and ours.

The tree, the presents, and our first co-habitational Christmas made me realized how settled we've become in our apartment. How comfortable and easy and fulfilling it is. It may be the coming holiday but right now I'm sitting in a lot of gratitude for my beautiful and loving girlfriend and my life at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment