Friday, August 28, 2015

Ups And Downs

It's been overcast almost this entire week. Typically the weather doesn't effect my mood but after almost a month of sunny skies it's been hard to get motivated. I have a lot of free time currently, which is wonderful, but it can be difficult to fill it up. Difficult to get things done, difficult to get out and about with no real obligations. Doubly so when it is cloudy and chilly.

I've found when I'm feeling a bit low, either for a specific reason or no reason at all, the best thing to do is move through it as opposed to fight it or avoid it. To feel the feelings and keep moving forward. For me that's the only way for those periodic blues to pass. Not to try to drag myself out of it or think my way out of it or trick myself out of it. But to continue on. Keep making plans and showing up. To do the next right thing, as best I can. Moment to moment.

Eventually, like everything, it passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment