Thursday, October 8, 2015

New Job

This week I started a new job. Quite an adjustment after having two months off. It's with a small insurance agency, everyone seems to like each other and like the job, everyone is much more energized than anyone I've met in the insurance industry previously. I think it'll be a good fit. There's a lot to take in but all of it is, basically, just variations on things I did at my previous job.

With insurance there's a lot of paperwork, a lot of complicated language and meticulousness involved. It can be boring but for the most part it's interesting enough, there's enough variety and periodic challenges to keep me engaged.

I don't love insurance but it is the industry I've found the most satisfaction in. This job feels like a step up, like progress, more adult. Who knows where it'll go or if I'll stay in the field of insurance but for now it's working and I'm learning. Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment