Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Wellness Institute Presents: Health Gala! A Celebration of Astral Healing

Tonight Nicole and I went to the CIC Halloween show, an interactive high-concept theatre experience. The audience members were welcomed to the "wellness retreat", separated into groups of three, given masks and a card with various symbols on it which corresponded to different stations throughout the theater. All the actors were dressed in white and had scars on their faces. It was very immersive. While people went through the various stations, which were unsettling in and of themselves, there were ongoing "scenes" in the space, yelling and screaming from various rooms. The night culminated in someone being indoctrinated into the cult.

My favorite station was the one where we were taught a chant. It was very affecting, even though I knew it was all pretense it was oddly convincing, the "wellness institute" held a bizarre allure.

I submit.
I give myself unto it.
I willingly receive
and it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment