Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Broken Art

Punam and I spent a nice day together doing a little casual Christmas shopping. I spotted this in the alley next to 'Threadless'.

Punam: Is that the top of a door?
Me: I think its a window. You ever hear the expression "you make a better door than a window"?
Punam: You know I'm bad with sayings and idioms.
Me: It's what you say to someone when you want them to get out of your way.
Punam: Oh.
Me: I always hated it.

Looking at it, I imagined it was broken because of a relationship fight...

Jared: Hey sweetie we need to leave now if we're gonna catch 'Melancholia'.
Karen: (painting window pane) Hold on just one second, I'm almost done.
Jared: Come on, Kay. You know I don't like missing the previews and we're pushing it...
Karen: Just a sec(continues painting).
Jared: ...(watching)
Karen: (puts brush down, picks up clean brush, dips in white paint)
Jared: A new brush Karen! A new brush! Are you SERIOUS!?!?!
Karen: (painting) I'm in a groove Jared, just give me two...fucking...seconds. You don't understand the creative process.
Jared: I don't understand the creative process? Maybe not but I sure as hell appreciate it! We have painted windows all over our fucking living room! (gestures) There's no where to sit!
Karen: Why don't you go to the movie by yourself.
Jared: I don't want to Karen. I want to spend time with you.
Karen: I'm sorry I can't quit now.
Jared: Ok fine. (picks up a painted window, walks over to apartment window, opens it) Fly. (throws painted window out of apartment window). I'm going(crash) to the movies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who imagines entire scenes from the simplest stimuli. I love this!

    ReplyDelete