Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Disturbing Dream 6

I'm getting married. I'm in a hotel lobby outside the ballroom where the ceremony and reception will take place. A lot of friends, relatives, and people I've never seen before are there. I'm frantic, I don't know who I'm getting married to. My dad comes up to me and tells me I have to get married. He's made some contract with someone that is only sealed when I get married. He won't tell me if it's a guy or girl. I look for Punam and I can't find her and for some reason I know its not her I'm getting married to. I panic. I see three well dressed men in white suits drinking by the bar and I become convinced I will be married to one of them.

I put on my tux which is all black and western styled. I think if I have to get married this is the best thing I could get married in. I have an idea. I can't get married if I'm already married. I go back out into the milling crowd and try to find a friend to get married to. Moments before I saw a bunch of familiar faces but now I can't find anyone I know. I start sprinting through the crowd, running into people, sweating and panicking.

At the end of the hall I see my high school girlfriend who I haven't seen in six years. She's married.

HSGF: Looking for someone?
Me: Yeah. I need to get married.
HSGF: You're about to.
Me: I don't know who it is. I'm looking for someone I know.
HSGF: Now you know how it feels. Enjoy.
Me: What?
HSGF: (points) It's starting.

The ceremony has started and the bride is walking down the aisle. I'm somewhat relieved it's a woman but I don't know what to do, I'm tempted to run. Someone grabs me and I'm being man handled toward the front of the room. I'm deposited at the alter. The bride is lifting up her veil.

I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment