Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Genesis

Beanpole's latest work. You can view more artwork and like him on Facebook here: Nathan Shaver Art. It makes me think of the Norse myth of the World Tree and the Native American myth of the Cosmic Turtle.

See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
On his back all vows are made;
He sees the truth but mayn't aid.
He loves the land and loves the sea,
And even loves a child like me.
-Stephen King

For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver. -Martin Luther

When I am finishing a picture, I hold some God-made object up to it - a rock, a flower, the branch of a tree or my hand - as a final test. If the painting stands up beside a thing man cannot make, the painting is authentic. If there's a clash between the two, it's bad art. -Marc Chagall

No comments:

Post a Comment