Friday, January 4, 2013

Graffiti 85

I find this disturbing but interesting. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it's obviously surrealist influenced. If there is symbolism or a message, I don't understand it. It's certainly not pleasant to look at. Intriguing but ugly. It strikes me as horrific, it's jarring, scary. I've been thinking recently about horror. It's never been one of my preferred genres but Vince suggested V/H/S which I just recently watched and very much enjoyed. In a way horror is a confirmation that there is something else out there. Something we don't know about, something unexplainable, something other. Lurking at the edge which we only glimpse.

“Dive again and again into the river of uncertainty. Create in the dark, only then can you recognize the light.” -Jyrki Vainonen

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." -H.P. Lovecraft

"Life's true face is the skull." -Nikos Kazantzakis

No comments:

Post a Comment