Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Coffee Talk

Yesterday I had coffee and pie with Nicole. It's always great to see friends, catch up, and gossip a bit. I have to remind myself to meet friends outside of writing and performing because sometimes my life can get too insular.

Nicole: Tell me everything. Now.
Me: No, you first. How was your holiday?
Nicole: Good! Right before I left my mom called me and said (doing her moms voice) "Nicole! I might have done something bad!" (as herself) "What mom just tell me?" "Well, I invited Dottie to Christmas dinner."
Me: Whose Dottie?
Nicole: The old lady waitress from the Cracker Barrel.
Me: What?
Nicole: My parents go to the Cracker Barrel like once a week or something. So she came and she brought her son and his girlfriend who are both severely bi-polar.
Me: Wow.
Nicole: Yeah they were like egg shaped. You know those toys when we were growing up, the like egg people that you like plug into holes and stuff? They looked exactly like that. My mom was freaking out and kept on asking me if we needed to lock up the jewelry.
Me: I don't think you'd have to worry about that, more like one of them having like an episode or something. How did it go?
Nicole: It was good. They both ate like three huge platefuls got sleepy and then left. You could tell they were all, Dottie especially, really grateful and happy to have come.
Me: The Christmas spirit in action! Well that sounds like great, I mean giving back and everything.
Nicole: Yeah, well, my sister was on her phone the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment