Thursday, June 5, 2014

Winds of Change 2

With Tisher gone, iO moving, and Nicole and I cohabiting in the near future my life is in a state of flux. My dad is fond of repeating that old saying "The only constant in life is change." Which is certainly true. And change can be fun and exciting or it can be challenging and scary, either way it is always unknown. Sometimes its difficult or overwhelming when outside forces or situations break your established patterns or routines. Upset your comfort. But most of the time change is for the good. Prevents you from becoming complacent, propels you forward. We are all on our own journeys with individual pitfalls and promise. But we get no where if we don't continue, there is no progress without effort, no triumph without risk, no courage without fear.

I am excited for these changes in my life and the decisions on the horizon that will influence its ultimate direction. I'm on the cusp of 30. It feels like a real watershed moment, its both thrilling and terrifying. The seasons keep passing, the moon keeps cresting and waning, and the Chicago comedy machine keeps churning. And I, I just keep taking it one day at a time.

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, join the dance." -Alan Watts

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." Gail Sheehy

No comments:

Post a Comment