Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Fortuitous Meeting

And outside the window I saw two friends out for an evening stroll presumably after a pizza dinner at Spacca Napoli. And my heart jumped. Sitting on my couch, alone, in the gathering gloom my slight by budding melancholy vanished. And quickly I got ready and left catching up to my friends on my bike.

After hailing them I think they were somewhat surprised when I dismounted and asked to stroll with them a while. They were agreeable. We casually chatted about our weekends and job searching as the sun set and a warm wind blew in from the lake.

For a time we shared the balmy late spring evening. And even though it was a very small thing my heart smiled and the world seemed full and bright. After a short while we went our separate ways. My friends to their home and me to buy Stephen King's latest- Finders Keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment