Saturday, June 20, 2015

R&R

Today Nicole and I spent a much needed relaxing day together. We didn't do much, made breakfast, lounged on the porch, and putzed around the house. In the evening we went to dinner then did a double feature.

We both needed it, she was sick the past two days and I was fried from the week. Spending time together is always revitalizing but its nice to have a day where we have nothing to do, no where to be. No distractions, no diversions. I appreciate her so much, she keeps me grounded, chills me out, and lightens me up. And is always willing to gamble on a movie I want to see but don't know anything about.

We can read each other well, we can anticipate each others needs, and still maintain some independence. It works and I couldn't be happier. We've talked about how other couples operate and how we do, the differences and similarities, when it works and why. I think it boils down to figuring out how to make the relationship best suit the two individuals in it- having reasonable expectations, making compromises, finding a balance, and the big one- communication. As with many things simply talking about stuff, being open and up front, can facilitate substantial growth and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment