Friday, November 16, 2012

Creative Endeavors

Molly and I after Poppycock's first show

This week has been great. I felt like my creative output was on full.

Poppycock: Molly had a dream that we did a two person improv show and the name of it was Poppycock. She told me about it the next day. We figured it was a sign and got a slot. Our first show was last night and it was great. It was Molly's first two person show. The crowd was packed and they loved it. The show was slow paced and grounded, playful and fun. I broke super hard in the middle of a scene where I was Molly's mom berating her for being in love.

Talkie Pictures: BK asked me to shoot some videos. We did one where I slammed George R. R. Martin. Dreams do come true!

Salute Jive: Julia and I had our first show since July. Both of us were a little nervous before hand but we clicked right into place once the show started. We got the longest laughs we've ever had. Fast and fun and effortless.

Bubble Boys: Tisher and I are writing an episodic radio show. I'm really excited about this and we've been talking about it for a while. We finally got episode one on paper and planned out. It should be recorded and available for your ear holes some time in the next couple weeks.

Its always satisfying to perform. But it's even more satisfying to utilize multiple types of media. I'm realizing that I'm in a place now that if I have an idea I can get it out there. There's no reason not to be as eclectic as possible with presentation. I have many talented friends with many different skills. And they're all game to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment