Sunday, November 25, 2012

Point Of No Return

Today is four months.

In my past attempts I haven't made it this far. At first I was scared. It's a no man's land where I haven't been before. I don't know what to expect. This is all new territory. But then I realized it's just like anything else. Go in, do your best, take it one day at a time, if need be one hour or one moment at a time. Everything is manageable moment to moment. Everything can be dealt with either by taking the time to think it through or by calling friends and loved ones. I've learned that my perception and my reactions to things may not be 100% reliable. That's why I take a second and slow things down, try to asses what's really going on. If I can't I call someone who can. Simple.

Day to day life is sometimes easy. Those are the good days. When it's hard you have to get through it. That's life. I'm an adult. And I've always found, with a clear head, the good days always out weight the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment