Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

My family drove out to Philadelphia to spend Thanksgiving with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin. We use to do this every year when I was growing up but haven't made the trip in ten or so years. It was a wonderful visit with an excellent meal prepared expertly by my Uncle Mike. He makes the best stuffing I've ever had. Today we went into to Philly proper to see some sites. Of course we had to visit and pay homage to the recently restored Rocky statue at the art museum.
My sister wanted to go to the Comcast center which boasts the largest HD TV in the world. I wasn't very impressed but there were hundreds of people there to see there twenty minute 'show'. Personally I don't get it, we're addicted to TV too much as is.
This is the top of the Comcast building. I wonder if that square indentation is suppose to resemble a TV. Or maybe it's just the CEO's deck.
This was an old guard tower which was left alone while a bunch of condo's were built around it.
For some unknown reason my Uncle Mike took us to Fort Mifflin on the way downtown. No one really wanted to visit there. There wasn't much to it but this was one of the munitions storage mounds.
A Philly sunset.

All in all it was a great trip. I haven't spent that much time with my family in years. And I haven't seen our Philly relatives all together for a while. It was a nice trip, a nice change of pace, a wonderful dinner, and some casual sight seeing. I missed a show and I did most of the driving but it was worth it.

The low light though was the scarcity of coffee. My Aunt and Uncle don't drink coffee and so didn't have any in house. It was a trial each morning to have my morning coffee and cigarette. Who doesn't drink coffee?

I'm thankful for my friends, family, Punam, and this wonderful world I've found myself in.

Stuffing rules.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if I knew your Uncle Mike till you got to the bit about no coffee :)

    ReplyDelete