Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

Punam and I had shows at The Playground last night. She went as zombie Rosanne. I didn't dress up, I never do. I've only dressed up once in the past fifteen years. I went as Alex from Clockwork Orange when I was a senior in college.

Living in Chicago Halloween loses some it's verve. I wish it was darker, I wish there was a wood to walk in, I wish the graveyards didn't have street lights ringing them. I wish everyone didn't dress trashy, I wish everyone didn't get so drunk, if you're going to dress trashy go after the real pagan roots of the holiday and hook up with a stranger and never reveal who you are, I wish there were more kids trick-or-treating.

Halloween has lost almost all it's appeal for me. I use to love it, now I don't really notice it or care. Next year I want to do something fun. Something scary. Maybe I'll dust off the Ouija board and try to talk to H. H. Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment