Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cooking

I've never cooked much. I've never had much time to and if I'm being honest I've never had much interest in it. I use to eat out a lot and have a lot of frozen dinners. I had two dishes that I would cook from time to time for friends or girlfriends, dirty rice or jambalaya but I never branched out farther than that. The past couple months I've developed a real pleasure in cooking. Simple stuff. Above is some veggies in preparation for my morning omelet. Below my third attempt at sweet potato fries.
I use to never buy fresh produce. I would never cook anything on or in the stove. Now I have time on my hands and a desire to be healthier. I have a vegetable omelet every morning and asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or green beans for dinner. I've started experimenting with different sauces and seasonings, different preparations, different oils. It's all very exciting and fun. And it's fulfilling. It's an interesting puzzle. You break things down and put them together in different ways. I find cooking very calming and it always tastes better no matter what when I'm done because I cooked it. I tried something and I get to enjoy it.

If you don't cook you should start. It's easier than you think. Start small.

2 comments:

  1. Bro, you gotta parboil or bake them fries before frying them. Then they will bend to your will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bake my sweet potato fries. I'm glad you're cooking. I enjoy it a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete