Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Loved Ones

This Christmas was a little different for the Nelson household. We didn't get together with my extended family which was a disappointment but it was nice to have two full days of relaxation. We sat around, ate a lot of delicious food, watched movies, and gabbed. My family does most of our Christmas on the Eve. We open presents and we have pizza fondue. In the days of Santa Clause we would exchange presents between us on the Eve and Santa would come on the Day. These days Christmas day is exclusively for lounging and watching movies. This holiday has been especially great because I've gotten to see so many people that I love. My family of course(above), Punam, Beanpole, Adam, and Matt.
Punam spent Christmas with me which was great. It's nice to be out of the city where both of us can just sit. Spend some time with each other where we aren't coming from shows or going to shows. In preparation for the holiday we made cookies. Something I haven't done in years. Some had surprise treats inside, we were experimenting with relative success.
Beanpole and his wife Jen came over and we got to spend some much needed QT together. Whenever I get to see him I feel like I become the scrappy twenty something that use to live with him. I use to make this face in a lot of pictures and haven't in years. Beanpole's latest project is a children's book staring characters he's made up called "werp-werps" which he will write and illistrate.

On our way out of town Punam, my dad, and I stopped by Beefaroo to see Adam. We only had a quick visit but its always nice to see him. He's the only close friend I have who has a real family. He's like a real dad. He stayed up on Christmas Eve putting together a Ninja Turtles Club House.

Last but not least Matt has been in town visiting Katie's family. He sat in with Schwa last Sunday and we had a great show. It's always great to get back on stage with him and it always seems like he never left. That old connection is always there.

Overall it's been a great holiday. Joy and peace to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment