Friday, February 8, 2013

Art Institute

I met James and Jimmy at the Art Institute. I haven't been in a while, it was nice to go check in with the place and to go with two friends I do comedy with. Try to get a different perspective, talk about something other than improv. Most of the older stuff I've seen and I'm not really intrigued by. Whenever I'm at a museum I make a b-line for the modern art wing. Realism and the constraint of style in older eras and movements I find somewhat repetitive. Religious art, for the most part, I find especially bland. Maybe it's because I don't know much about Christianity so this painting or that painting of Saint whoever wrestling the wolf of Trafalgar doesn't really click with me.

It was great to talk with Jimmy and James about art and of course make jokes about a lot of the pieces. We were constantly harassed because Jimmy had a bag which evidently they don't want you wearing on your back anymore. We also set off a lot of motion sensors for being too close.
This was in the modern wing which we finally found hidden in the back of the museum. It's called 'Oblivion'.
James: I like this one. How much do you think it cost?
Jimmy: If you have to ask, it's too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment