Sunday, February 17, 2013

Six Shooter And Shorts



I went to see the Oscar nominated shorts yesterday for the first time ever. They were all good, some of them more original and insightful than others. My favorites were Asad and Death Of A Shadow. The other three deal with fairly conventional or overdone subject matter which can come across pretty heavy handed in twenty minutes: suicide, Alzheimer's etc.

Short film is an interesting medium. Seeing all five back to back really got me interested and engaged. What changes do you have to make when your time is constrained? What different ideas do you explore? It got me interested to watch some of my friends short films and maybe try to make one of my own.

The above is an Oscar winner from 2005 starring my favorite actor Brendan Gleeson. Worth the watch if you've got the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment