Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Double Feature And A Burger

Punam and I caught two movies tonight and went to 5 Guys in between. I've never been and it didn't quite live up to the hype. The burger was good but not great, the soda machine actually impressed me more. I think it suffered from years of people telling me how good it was before I actually had one.

We saw Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters and Warm Bodies two simple silly movies both really enjoyable(reviews to come). As campy as they were Punam still jumped at parts in both which is always ok by me because she grabs my arm and hides her face in my shoulder. I get to be tough.

Both of us are always busy especially at night so it's important to dedicate some time every now and again to having an actual date. As time passes I think it's easy for relationships to become routine, for some of the magic to be lost, for things to become too casual. You combat that by making plans and making time and doing small fun special things for each other.

I don't think I was ever a good boyfriend before Punam. I always had secrets and one foot out the door. Now I'm learning how to be honest, to be there, to make things work. And sometimes it is work, any relationship is that lasts longer than a couple weeks. But most of the time its not.

Most of the time it's just love and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment