Monday, March 2, 2015

A Disturbing Dream 16

I am in an empty, blank, high-ceilinged conference room.

It is after work hours and there's no one around. I'm waiting for something.

The lights are off. There is a faint gloom coming through the windows from the sun which is almost completely set.

Everything is grey and bleak.

I look up. My grandmother's disembodied head is floating in the corner. Ghostly not gory.

She is not looking at me, seemingly cannot see me. I try to call out to her but my throat is dry and stuck.

She is praying. All I hear is a faint "...oh Lord...dear God..."

I am certain she is praying for me. I grab hold of my mind and drag myself away.

I wake up in my room but I know it is not my room. I am still caught. The huddled form next to me should be Nicole but I know that if I draw back the covers it will be some dark and shadowed thing. I lay down and close my eyes willing consciousness.

The beeps and grind of the garbage truck awaken me. I am relieved but cannot shake the residual foreboding.

No comments:

Post a Comment