Sunday, March 15, 2015

Schwa+

Tonight we had a couple former members play with Deep Schwa- Tim, Joe, and Neil. There were eleven of us which can be cumbersome but the show was fast paced and balanced, Schwa is the only team I've played on that can do great shows with large numbers. The chemistry was pretty seamless with the old and new members, Joe comes back about once a month and Neil two or three times a year so there's a nice level of familiarity there. It was Tim's first time playing since I've been on the team and he was great, really playful. I hope he enjoyed himself enough to come back. We all had a blast and the audience seemed really into it too.

It's always exciting and fun to have people back, it shakes us out of our patterns, injects some energy. Raises the stakes. Playing with people I use to watch and revere is a real pleasure and honor. It reminds me that for the longest time playing with Deep Schwa was my dream and I get to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment