Thursday, April 16, 2015

Conference

I'm in Middleton, WI for a work conference the rest of the week. I sit at a booth all day while the attendees go in and out of presentations. During the sessions the common area is deserted(as you can see), the only time people come up to me is during lunch or the three allotted breaks. Not a ton of traffic, not a ton to do. Pretty boring.

I've only talked to a handful of people so far all of whom have been very friendly. All except for one crazy old man who I'm not positive should actually be here. Below is part of our thirty minute discussion.

Old Man: Obama is a demon. He's been a liar his whole life. Trying to take over, trying to control us. Hilary is a demon too. They're both demons, that's what I call them.(touches my arm) You. You afraid.(touches my arm again) You afraid of the government?
Me: No.
Old Man: Why not?
Me: I don't have to explain to you why I'm not afraid of the government.
Old Man: OK. Fine. I'm afraid. I'm terrified of those demons. Listen(touches my arm). Listen. You seem honest. You'll give me a straight answer. Do you think insurance will ever be good? This is what I'm saying. Obama the demon and his manipulative exclusionary exploitative health insurance, will we ever be able to recover?
Me: I can't speak about health insurance or government run insurance programs. I work for a private company that sells malpractice insurance. I'd be happy to answer any questions on professional liability.
Old Man: OK. OK. But Obama and Hilary are devils, demons. Watching us all the time, tracking our emails and phones, they know everything we do. Scott Walker is just a little demon. OK? Listen.(touches my arm) I'm a teacher and a counselor. I've taught in 37 countries. I'm honest and I know what's going on. You seem honest?
Me: Sure.
Old Man: And I know you'll probably give me the answer you're suppose to give. But. Let me ask you. Is your insurance company a good company?
Me: Yes. Its a straight forward company.
Old Man: We'll just have to agree to disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment