Saturday, April 25, 2015

Creative Satisfaction

This afternoon Tim and I put some finishing touches on the first three episodes of season one of Hindsight Hour- our new podcast. It's been a great editing process, things have gone a lot faster then they did with Bubble Boys because we figured out and learned a lot from that experience. This has been much more streamlined.

The editing has been very collaborative between Tim and I, going into it I didn't have any firm ideas that I wanted implement just a couple reference points and a general goal of experimentation. Because of that a lot of the transitions and audio accents came up organically and it has exactly the type of serio-comic abstract feel that I was going for.

After listening to the first couple episodes it turned out exactly how I wanted it to. The idea that I had last summer we were able to realize almost perfectly. Whether it will be successful as far as some of the broader goals or even be entertaining remains to be seen, I'm eager to put it out there and get some feedback.

Regardless of how it will be received its incredibly satisfying to have an abstract idea and to be able to translate into something(more-or-less) tangible and concrete. To be able to create something that mirrors that thought in your head. I think people will like it, I think its engaging, I hope people respond to it. But even before people get a chance to hear it there is immense fulfillment in the act of creation in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment