Saturday, April 4, 2015

Getty and Beach

This is my final day in LA. We went to the Getty Museum on the way to Santa Monica. The compound is set on a hill and we had to take a trolley to get there.
The complex is large and incredibly beautiful. Clean architecture and an amazing garden. We didn't walk through many of the exhibits just explored the grounds.
Caroline and Alex are not only incredibly gracious and accommodating hosts but fun and funny travel companions. They've been so great about doing what I wanted to do and making me feel included in their lives for a little bit.
When we got to Santa Monica we headed straight to the beach. Swimming in the Pacific was the thing I'd been looking forward to the most about the trip.
Alex and I swam and the ocean was as invigorating and playful as I could have hoped. I've only been in the Atlantic two or three times in my life, never in the Pacific, so the whole experience was very special.
After we got out and dried off we watched while the sun set. It was majestic and big, almost cliche in its picturesque beauty.
In the evening Alex and I walked around the Santa Monica Pier and then through the Third Street Promenade which is basically an outdoor mall. We grabbed a bite at ShopHouse and then sat by the beach and talked about the future, comedy, ambition, and dreams. A nice ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment