Saturday, July 25, 2015

Florida Wedding

The past couple days Nicole and I have been in Daytona Beach at Nicole's parents house for her sister Kim's wedding. It's been a whirlwind couple of days what with family dinners, preparation, and the typically intense Florida heat. This morning Nicole and I woke up early for a swim in the ocean. It was incredibly warm and calm. Soothing and energizing. I've only swam in the ocean a couple times in my life. This time- in the early morning hours, on a mostly deserted beach, in the company of my loving partner- was the most significant.
After our swim Nicole went off with her sister to have a sibling breakfast and get their hair done. I helped Nicole's parents get things ready for the ceremony. It was an intimate affair, the smallest wedding I had been to, they're were around 18 people total. The ceremony was on the beach then we had the reception at a local country club.

What struck me the most about it was how happy Kim and Sean were. The whole event wasn't very complicated so I think they were able to make it exactly how they wanted it to be and enjoy it with none of the stressors that can come with a more involved wedding.

It was wonderful to be included in such a close family event, I was able to get to know Nicole's family a lot better, and really feel like I was a part of the whole thing. Overall a beautiful and joyous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment