Monday, July 13, 2015

Peaks And Valleys

Currently I feel a bit depleted, creatively and otherwise. The last couple weeks of my job have been draining(two left), the play has taken a lot of energy, and my schedule has left little time to recharge. As a result I don't feel terribly inspired.

Inspiration and the corresponding creative output seem to move in cycles. Like a stream, sometimes it rushes, sometimes it trickles. Some tributaries circle back to the main flow, some dead end. I've found things tend to move in fits and starts, periods of change and productivity followed by mundane routine, a plateau before the next discovery.

Right now I'm just putting one foot in front of the other. Its not bad just tiring. But the end is in sight and I can already feel a little stirring, the promise of good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment