Sunday, July 19, 2015

Little Eli

I spent yesterday with my friend Adam and his two boys Ethan and Eli. It's always a real treat to see them, talk nonsense, and play games. I try to see them as often as I can, I don't want them to forget me. It's important to me that I have a presence in their life. But sometimes spending time with the boys can be exhausting. I don't know how Adam does it or parents in general for that matter. Parenthood is a non-stop gig. Kids need almost constant attention, have a steady stream of questions, and are years away from self-sufficiency. 

It's humbling to spend time with Adam and his family. He's an adult, became one a long time ago. It's great to spend time with him and his boys, I get a little taste of what fatherhood might be like, the frustrations and the joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment