Monday, July 27, 2015

Last Week

A couple months back the president of our company came and told us they were closing the Chicago office to consolidate all the jobs to our sister office in Maryland. We were all offered a severance,  the services of an out-placement consultant, and an exit schedule. At the end of June the customer service department left and this week is my last.

The past month has put a lot of strain on my department. The new employees in Maryland aren't coming along very rapidly and that puts a lot of work and even more frustration on those of us that are left in Chicago. Personally its been incredibly draining, I've tried to still work as hard as I can regardless of the impending end-date. It's been tough. Tempers have flared, work has gotten backed up, many customers have become upset, and people have started playing the blame game. The once positive work atmosphere has become a bit acidic and fatalistic. It takes its toll.

This next week feels like the final leg of a race, the sprint to the finish, I'm worn out but the end is in sight. All I have to do is get through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment