Thursday, May 10, 2012

Facebook Can Be Fun

In general I don't care for Facebook. I think it's kind of dumb and I think people take it way to seriously. A while back I started this bit where I would post a fake quote and tag someone as if they said it. I thought it was pretty funny and a great way to help a work day pass. Some of my friends thought it was funny as well and do it occasionally or have done it back to me. The other day Scott did a version of the bit tagging fake quotes of many different people through out an entire day. This of course made me really happy. It's great to see friends repeat/enhance an idea or joke that you have. Even if it's some stupid Facebook thing. Conner posted some jabs regarding Scott doing the bit so I tagged Conner in a fake quote the next day. I will admit it was my intention to bait him. The result was amazingly fun. More fun the Facebook has a right to be.
I started posting non-scenical bits then quickly both of us got personal. There was no malice involved, I think both of us were trying to be funny as well as push some kind of boundary. How personal could we get without hurting feelings? Could we actually hurt feelings? Should we even allow Facebook to be a place where anything other than funny-things-that-make-your-day-pass things happen?

I don't know. It's all a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment