Saturday, May 19, 2012

Strangers, Don't Talk To Me

Recently I feel like I've been talked to by strangers more than I'm use to. Which is to say at all. I don't expect to be engaged in conversation with any stranger on the street. Leave me alone. I won't bother you in return I expect you not to bother me. To be explicit: Don't fucking talk to me.

If you are a stranger:
Don't ask me for a cigarette.
Don't ask me for a light.
Don't ask me how I'm doing.
Don't tell me how you're doing.
Don't tell me a story of your life no matter how interesting you think it might be.
Don't make noises at me which are an attempt at trying to engage me.
Don't compliment me.
Don't criticize me.
Don't ask me for money.
Don't ask me for food.
Don't call me some meaningless nickname.
Don't fucking call me 'Big Man'.
Don't pretend like you know me.
Don't touch me.
Don't tell me how alike we are.
Don't monopolize my attention.

In return, I'll treat you with respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment