Sunday, May 20, 2012

Goodbye 1941

(Half of 1941 back in January: Ilana, Julia, Drennen, Me)

Tonight was 1941's last show. We got cut. I guess at the CIC it's more accurately termed forcible retirement. I'm fine with the decision. I'm sure I would have had to step down anyway because of my other time commitments but it still leaves a hole. I love Julia, Jimmy, Drennen, James, and Ilana. I love performing with them as a group. We never had the best group mind but I always loved being in the same room as them and I always felt that we were kindred spirits. That we shared something unique to us. We'll still hang out. I guess I can thank the CIC for putting us together. For putting me together with some of my best friends and favorite collaborates. I still feel like we got the short end of the stick.

The show tonight was Drennen, James, Jimmy, Ilana, and me. Our suggestion was Civil War. It was super fun. We didn't do a form, we just played. My favorite moment was Ilana and I doing a scene as two girls trying to one up each other with crazy compliments. We didn't do a great cohesive piece but we had fun and we did scenes with each other that we wanted to do.

I love my teammates and it saddens me we wont be performing at the CIC with each other anymore. But it was fun.

The show was ours.

1941.

No comments:

Post a Comment