Wednesday, May 15, 2013

#1 Fan Fan

I love fans. I love the whirring sound while I go to sleep, the constant breeze, the smell of a well circulated room.

In an effort to beat the summer everyone-buying-fans rush I picked up this fan from Target yesterday. I threw away the receipt on my way out because I was 100% confident that I wouldn't need to return it because I get so much use out of fans.

When I got home I unpacked the fan and put it together. Much to my shock and disappointment when it came time to put the cage on the fan I couldn't find a vital piece. I searched all over my apartment and ripped the box completely open but I didn't find the piece I needed to secure the cage on the fan. I read the entire manual only to discover that I had to show proof of purchase in order to get a replacement. Foiled.

I'm using the fan and getting a substantial amount of enjoyment out of it. I've yet to hurt myself on the unshielded blades but I know an injury is inevitable.

I'm sure you will be purchasing a fan sometime in the near future when the Chicago heat descends like the inexorable blade of the guillotine.

When you do, remember to keep the receipt.

1 comment: