Monday, May 13, 2013

The Only Constant Is Change

Spring in the Midwest always seems very brief. And it always brings lots of changes with it. I got my insurance producers licence today, a situation I would have never predicted I'd be in. The license finally lets me take on my actual work duties without supervision. I don't enjoy my day job but I don't loath it either.  I can tolerate it with a smile and with little to no stress, a change in my self I never thought possible.

The weather is getting warmer and soon people will be complaining about the heat. Presently though we're in that wonderful inbetween. The cool heat of spring. It seems like everyone and everything is opening up, stretching out, and going back out into the world. People are being stirred up and change is in the wind. As I was walking to the exam building I saw this large patch of tulips. It made me forget all the pointless insurance nonsense I was storing in my brain for a moment. I took that moment to appreciate the view.

The tulips will be gone soon. But they're there now. And now is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment