Saturday, May 4, 2013

April Showers, May Flowers

 I came back to Rockford for the weekend to see my folks, sister, my friend Adam and his boys. I had a great visit with everyone and went on a walk with my sis at one point. We saw a bunch of beautiful spring flowers, enjoyed the sun, and I reveled in the spaciousness of the neighborhood I grew up in.
 We saw a ton of tulips(my favorite flower) and daffodils.
 A couple small dogwoods.
 I think these are phlox but I'm not sure.
 More tulips!
 A couple gorgeous magnolia trees. Adam has one in his yard.
 Tons of daffodils, I'm not really fans of these things, overexposure maybe.
I got to see Adam and his boys Ethan and Eli. We played outside with some sidewalk chalk and glow sticks, then went inside and played with action figures for about an hour and a half. Toward the end of the night we we're flipping and flying and throwing the boys around. Probably not the best idea right before they went to bed but it was a great night. The highlight of my week. It's a joy to see Adam so happy and to be a part of the family he's making.

Rockford is my hometown. A great place to visit to decompress, see the stars, and smell the grass.

  Spring Buds by Michael Hedges on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment