Monday, July 28, 2014

Graffiti 134

From Madison. Evidently Systemic Torment is a Madison based hardcore punk band.

Upon first inspection I thought it might be some weird underground cry for help from the punks in Madison persecuted by the granola-eating hippies that rule its hilled capitol. I imagined hordes of dreadlocked, bearded, pot enthusiasts ridiculing and berating the poor defenseless and starkly out numbered leather clad, studded and gauged, mohawked punks yearning for a corner of the Portland of the Midwest to call their own.

But I googled it and found out it was just a band.

"I always said punk was an attitude. It was never about having a Mohican haircut or wearing a ripped T-shirt. It was all about destruction, and the creative potential within that." -Malcom McLaren

"I never wanted to go back and relive the glory days; I just want to keep moving forward. That's what I took from punk. Keep going. Don't look back." -Paul Simonon

No comments:

Post a Comment