Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lots of Shows

For whatever reason I went on a real tear of seeing shows this week. I really love going to see friends in shows, watching their creative output and ideas. Tuesday I saw Super Human. As always: high off-the-wall energy.
Wednesday I went to CIC to see Gigantic. A new independent team with a lot of friends. They have an ambitious fluid form which I think could evolve into something really compelling.
Thursday I saw The Late 90's last show at iO, Friday I saw American Standard's last show at iO then caught On The Rocks 2 and finished the night off at Holy Fuck. Today The Night Shift had a show at The Playground and then Meaghan and I went and saw Slice Of Life at The Annoyance. Brunlieb as J-Ball Pizzaface pictured above. All wonderful shows.

After five nights straight I'm feeling a bit over saturated but also inspired and eager to begin writing and working on some future projects that have been rolling around in my head for a couple months now. Seeing friends do exciting, funny, daring work always puts me in the mood to respond in kind.

Last shows at Clark Street iO tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment