Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Projects/Goals

To keep things straight in my head and to hold myself accountable in some measure these are the projects I'd like to realize in the coming months.

The Hindsight Hour. With Tisher gone I'd like to start another improvised podcast. This time dramatic or with a more dramatic conceit. Each episode would revolve around a theme, emotion, or idea, contain improvised scenes with different approaches to the subject, with unconnected narratives, more an anthology format. I plan to start recording in September.

You Are All Swine. A short 7-10 minute video project based on the fictionalized version of Tisher I created on Facebook and with the couple pieces I wrote for this blog. I would play Tisher(I have one of his shirts) and it would be an instructional type video letting people know how uneducated and repulsive they are, I'd go through a couple different interactions, asking a woman out, buying something from a convenient store etc. I plan to write it in the next couple weeks and film it before winter.

The Girlfriend Show. During Ted and I's sketch show two years ago I had the idea for a show based around past relationships, last year I interviewed a couple of my ex-girlfriends about our relationship and relationships in general and used that as the show inspiration. Jamison and I generated about 30 scene premises from the interviews we had a couple rehearsals but it stalled out because of The Annoyance move. At this point we got a cast and a director and just need the slot. I hope to have a hard date by mid September.

Sight Unseen. Jimmy's been teaching at The Annoyance the past year but hasn't been improvising much, he put together a team of some incredibly talented and disparate personalities, we have our first show this Tuesday at the Upstairs Gallery. We hope to get some kind of run in the next couple months.

Poetry Contest. My grandma has been encouraging me recently to enter some poetry contests, not any in specific, just advocating I get my work out there. This past Monday Brunlieb was gracious enough to give me some time at Quenchers to read some of my poems and it went surprisingly well. I got a good sense of what people liked and what they didn't, what resonated, and what edits needed to be made to some of the pieces. It gave me the confidence to pull the trigger and start submitting. I plan to have submitted to at least one competition by the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment