Saturday, July 21, 2012

Adam's Wedding

 My best friend from high school, Adam, got married today. We met in geometry class at age 15 and have been friends ever since. I was lucky enough to have Punam by my side. Above is a picture of us at the reception.
 Ethan and Eli. I was there for the birth of Eli in the fall of 2010. I was with Kristen and Adam in the hospital room. There were almost so cute that they stole the show.
I wanted to give a speech after the best man and maid of honor. It was slightly unstructured so I didn't know when I could jump in. What I wanted to say was Adam is my closest and longest friend. I would do anything for him. Shortly after Kristen and him started dating we went up to my family's cabin to celebrate my birthday. We were around the fire making s'mores and he left to go up to the house. Forty five minutes later I went up to the house to discover him on the phone with Kristen. Three months in I knew it was serious and she was important. We didn't get to talk a whole lot at the wedding but Adam is my #1 guy and will always be.
 Beanpole and I can dance. We can dance real good. That's not talk that's truth. He is my other best friend. Me, Beanpole, and Adam have been a trip tech for a long time. We complete each other, we never make each other mad, we never offend each other. We're parts of a whole.
Adam and Beanpole always came over to my house to hang out. Kind of in high school but a lot more in college and post college. I love my folks, they were always there and steadfast and reasonable. Whenever I was in town I would always see Adam, most of the time he would come over and we'd watch a movie. My dad is a lawyer and he's helped Beanpole, Adam and me(many more times) out of more trouble than I care to recount. My mom has made a ton of delicious food for us. She is always quietly there getting my back and by conjunction Adam and Beanpole as well.

The service was nice. The food was ok. The reception was great. Beanpole and I can really dance.

No irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment