Monday, July 2, 2012

Anniversary

Today is Punam and I's one year anniversary. We met after our respective HouseCo shows at Old Town Ale House a year ago today. I had seen her a couple weeks previous do a show at the Cornservatory where she rapped, I was impressed but didn't introduce myself. She came up to me and started asking me questions. We ended up talking all night. I remember toward the end of the night a lot of her guy friends came up to her and asked if she was ok, as if I was some aggressive bro. We left while it was getting light:

Punam:(giggling) Do you want to do something crazy?
Me: Depends what it is.
Punam: Let's go to the lake!
Me:(grins) Ok, let me get my bike.
(walking toward the lake)
Punam:(stops) Hey-
(we kiss)

We didn't have a whole lot of time to celebrate today. After work we exchanged some gifts and went out to a nice dinner. It's been a great year. I never put much stock, thought, or importance on anniversaries before. With Punam it's different. This is special.

No comments:

Post a Comment