Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grandpa Irv

I was raised Lutheran but never felt any affinity towards religion and never believed in a Christian God. I never prayed. I never talked to someone when they weren't there or asked for help.

Today things came to a head. I felt a storm inside me churning with anxiety. I couldn't take it, I felt helpless and alone. For the first time I dropped to my knees and I asked for help. I asked my Grandfather who got sober late in his life and turned it around. I've always felt a special connection with him even though he died when I was very young. And the strangest thing happened.

I felt all my nerves light up with this soothing energy that ran through my entire body. All the bad thoughts and feelings were taken away and were replaced with this wondrous clarity and calm. I knew I was exactly where I needed to be. A lot of things seemed to click into place. I was finally ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment