Friday, July 13, 2012

Two Guys Yelling 2

Tonight Ted and I had dinner at Fat Willy's for some BBQ and talk our show. This is a list of all our sketches with times. It's around 70 minutes in total with some tangential ideas still floating around in the ether. We also talked directors. I love working with Ted for a number of reasons. The biggest one is because he can take one of my ideas and clarify it. Refine it and come at it from a more scenically defined place. Give it shape. I know I'm good for Ted cause I can keep up with him, push him, and shut him up. Ted is a strong creative personality and sometimes gets a bad rep because of it. Because he won't slow down unless you slow him down. Some people aren't capable of that. I'm not one of those people.

Our show has a lot to do with relationships, with family, with death, and also with repetition. Our show will be emotional scenes juxtaposed with gamey repetitious scenes or a combination of the two. I know it's funny. I think people may be surprised with how dramatic some of the subject matter is and how funny we make it. We're angling to get a run at iO. You should be able to see it soon. Our sketch group is called Two Guys Yelling we have a title for our first show:

A Year Of Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment