Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Down But Not Out

I'm no longer working. I've been unhappy at work for a long time but I felt like I was sticking it out through all the drastic changes they were making. Evidently not well enough. When I first started working there I loved it. I was with friends, it was low pressure, it was fun, which resulted in what I think was high productivity as well as high moral. Since then everything has been down hill and devolved into something gross and grimace worthy.

I'm between jobs and the uncertainty is stressful. But it does afford an opportunity which I may not other wise have had. I can go to meetings and work out every day. I want to get healthy and stay sober. Right now it feels like that's the most important thing, not getting a job, but putting myself in a position to being the best me I can be. I've been overwhelmed for a long time. I'd like a week or two to sleep in, get my mind and body right.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it takes a while for us discover why.

No comments:

Post a Comment