Friday, July 27, 2012

Friendship Is Rare

I would guess that most people have a lot of friends. Most people have a good number of people they hang out with and shoot the shit with. But friendship, real friendship is rare. A person that will drop everything and come to help you or keep you company are rare. I've been blessed with many beautiful friends that care about me. Sometimes I think I don't deserve it. But you never know. You never know how bonds are forged. You never know what small thing you did that endears someone to you. Sometimes it's how long you've been friends, sometimes it's shared interest, sometimes it's something intangible: a magnetic connection. This past week has been one of the hardest of my life and when I reached out a lot of people were there. Good friends, dear friends, friends who care and only have love in their hearts. I'm grateful for them all. Eternally grateful.

Thank you to all my friends. Thank you Jen, James, Nick, and HP most of all. Thank you Tisher, Beanpole, Julia, and Molly.

When things get hard reach out. You'll be surprised how many hands there are to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment