Sunday, March 3, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

My extended family got together for lunch and cake today. We were celebrating a number of birthdays and making up time for not getting together over Christmas. My Aunt Julie and Uncle Mike were in from Philly too which was a nice surprise. The next generation of the family is coming up so it's fun to have my little cousins running around, playing games, and spouting off some really funny stuff. It's fun to pick up little humans and swing them around, for them it's the most thrilling thing in the world.

I got to talk to a couple of my relatives one on one which is always my preference. Having big group conversations in my family always turns relatively quickly to politics which is fun but I never get to find out what everyone is up to. My sister(above) and I got to talk briefly about books and her recent vacation. I also got to talk in depth with My Uncle Mike about his business as well as some of my forthcoming projects. I got a ride back to Chicago with my cousin Sarah, her husband Doug, and their two wonderful goofball kids Owen and Kellen, as well as my cousin Alyssa. We got to have a nice chat interspersed with messing with the kids, it was a great ride.

I love my family. I may not be the best at keeping in touch between visits. But when I see them all I want to do is hug and talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment