Sunday, March 24, 2013

Two Scotts, Two Nelsons, and a Uhlir 2

Sunday nights after Schwa Scott Nelson, Scott Morehead, and I have been playing with Craig in the U Who? slot. We're scheduled to play every week through the end of April. Tonight was our third show and it feels like we're hitting a groove. A sweet spot. High energy, big characters, ridiculous situations. I like doing patient scene work but I find the most enjoyment in improvising as fast as possible both physically and content wise. And that is what we do. We're crashing headlong, pedal-to-the-metal, trusting only in each other that it will make sense and so far it has. Tonight we spent most of the show in medieval times(my wheelhouse) with a brief hiatus into the present with Morehead and I playing clowns ordering sandwiches. I was pouring sweat by the end.

Everyone plays with abandon and unique perspective which brings about this chaotic joy that somehow fits together. I'm really proud of the shows we've done and I'm looking forward to where we go from here. Join us won't you?

Sundays at iO 1030pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment